72-Hr. Driver Intervention Program for your OVI Arrest
Several convenient locations::
NOTE: OUR DIP IS NOT HELD AT OUR OFFICE LOCATION. THE DIP IS CONDUCTED AT THE HOTEL LOCATIONS LISTED BELOW:
WORTHINGTON – COURTYARD MARRIOTT 7411 VANTAGE DR., COLUMBUS, OH 43235
SANDUSKY/MILAN BY THE TURNPIKE – HAMPTON INN AND SUITES 11608 MILAN RD/RT. 250
CLYDE – RED ROOF INN 1363 W MCPHERSON HIGHWAY, CLYDE, OH 43410
Please do not contact the hotel. To reach us for any reason please call our office. Thank you.
Your options –
Semi-Private Room - $350 (2 clients per room)
Private Room - $525
These prices are only valid for the Worthington location. This includes room, meals (exception Thursday p.m.) and education.
**A $100 non-refundable deposit is due at the time of registration to secure your spot in the class.**
***A $50 fee (in addition to the deposit) will be required at the time of rescheduling a registration.***
~PRICES & LOCATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE~
Your options –
Semi-Private Room - $350 – 2 clients per room (Included Locations: Clyde)
Private Room - $525
Your options –
Semi-Private Room - $335 – Up to 3 clients per room (Included Locations: Sandusky)
Private Room - $550
The State of Ohio has mandatory sentencing for individuals convicted of OVI (DUI). If an individual is convicted of a first offense OVI or DUI, there is a mandatory jail sentence of 3 days. The court may allow you to participate in a 72 hour Driver Intervention Program (DIP) as an alternative, as long as the program is state approved. The DIP is an educational alternative to jail time.
Second Chance Counseling Center offers a state certified 72-Hour DIP. Our program is certified by the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (ODMHAS).
Frequently Asked Questions
What is DIP?
72 hour residential program in a local hotel
An alternative to 72 hours of jail time
Helps clients understand the dangers and the seriousness of drinking and driving
Promotes safety through education
Provides a staff evaluation and recommendation for follow up, if necessary.
What is included?
-Lodging at a local hotel
-Catered meals are provided Friday – Sunday
-Certificate of Completion
-All necessary documents will be sent to your attorney, court system and/or probation within 72 hours of your completion. YOU MUST BRING YOUR REGISTRATION PAPERWORK INCLUDING NAMES OF NECESSARY RECIPIENTS, PHONE & FAX NUMBERS OR EMAIL TO SEND COMPLETED PAPERWORK TO. THIS PAPERWORK WAS EMAILED TO YOU AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION AND SHOULD BE FILLED OUT COMPLETELY. DO NOT SIGN OR DATE PAPERWORK UNTIL WITNESSED BY DIP EMPLOYEE. **WE RECOMMEND FILLING IT OUT RIGHT WHEN YOU REGISTER SO YOU HAVE TIME TO COLLECT NECESSARY DATA. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE INFORMATION REQUIRED, IT IS SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CONTACT THE PROPER AUTHORITIES TO OBTAIN THAT INFORMATION (I.E. ATTORNEYS, PROBATION DEPARTMENT, COURT SYSTEM ETC.)
-Valuable information and education regarding the serious nature of drinking and driving.
What to expect
Upon arrival at the hotel (no later than 5pm) you will check-in with a staff member, complete the registration form process and have your luggage checked. When the registration process is complete you will receive a room key and be able to settle in to your room.
The first night we will go over the program rules and give you an overview of how the weekend is operated. There is no dinner served on the Thursday night – please eat before you attend.
Daily activities consist of various speakers (including an attorney), films, group sessions, and individual counseling. We take breaks regularly at which time you will be able to return to your room to use your phone.
Breakfast is available after 7 am, Lunch is approximately 12 pm & Dinner at approximately 5 pm. All clients will remain in their room from 9 pm.-7am. NO EXCEPTIONS!
You will have a refrigerator in your room if you choose to bring extra food or drinks. You will also have access to a microwave.
Immediately after online/phone registration, you will receive an email detailing what you will need to bring for the weekend (ie: completed registration forms, toiletries, snacks, etc.).
Our staff members will be available to help you through this process.
DIP Rules, Regulations & Important Information
A complete list of Rules, Regulations as well as Client Rights & Responsibilities can be found in the Registration Forms links below.(MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE THE PAPERWORK FOR THE LOCATION YOU HAVE SCHEDULED TO ATTEND. THE ADDRESS FOR YOUR LOCATION WILL BE ON PAGE 4 OF YOUR REGISTRATION PAPERWORK).
- The use of any mood altering substance including alcohol other than what a doctor has prescribed to you is not permitted at the program.
- Do not use any mood altering substances for at least 72- hours prior to attending the program as you may be subjected to a urinalysis and/ or breathalyzer or a room check at any time.
- Clients who possess a prescription for a mood altering substance must provide a prescription bottle with the label fully intact showing that the prescription was made out to them.
- You must complete the entire 72-hour program to receive a completion certificate for the court
- Guests/ visitors are not permitted
- Cell phones, tablets and laptops must remain in your hotel room at all times. No video game systems permitted.
- We want you to be able to take all of your over the counter and prescription medications as you normally do. Please bring all medications in their original containers so we can accommodate your needs.Medications can only be brought in the amount you are prescribed for the weekend, for example if your prescription says that you are to take 2 pills 2 times daily then you should bring no more than 8 of those pills.
- All rescheduling must be done no later than 12:00 p.m. on the Friday preceding the scheduled program.
- Any rescheduling done after Friday will incur a $100 rescheduling fee, in addition to the the total cost of the program. In order to be rescheduled, you must pay the $100 fee in full. Should an emergency arise, it is the client’s responsibility to contact Second Chance Counseling Center immediately.
- Any refund for a session cancellation will incur a $100 fee. Any client that does leaves their room during restricted hours or leaves the hotel without approval and rescheduling with the counselor on duty will forfeit all money paid and may re-register for a program at a later date for full price. Should this happen Second Chance may be required to contact an probation officer or governing authority.
- The total cost of the program must be paid 10 calendar days prior to the start of the weekend. If a client has not paid their balance in full 10 calendar days prior to the start of the program, the client will be removed from the roster and asked to reschedule.
It is the client’s sole responsibility to pay the balance in full, 10 days prior to the start of the program. Second Chance Counseling Center is not responsible for contacting clients to obtain payment. It is also the sole responsibility of the client to read over all rules and regulations regarding the program and come fully prepared with their completed registration paperwork and necessary items for a weekend stay.
Any questions / concerns about payment should be addressed with Second Chance Counseling Center staff immediately.